I came back from a small work induced hiatus only to find that I had been nominated for a liebster award by the lovely isabel8x ! (Thanks again, it made my day :) )
If you haven’t already check out her blog (I loved the 1930 make up post) and get to know her. Because this is what the liebster award is all about: Get to know your fellow bloggers (^_^) Therefore I am just too happy to accept the award and try my best to answer all the questions and pass it on to the next group of lovely people.
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
And here are my Answers to the asked questions:
1. What’s your favorite dish to cook?
My favorite dish to cook are definitely pancakes. I am not a great cook (because my husband is an awesome one) and pancakes are not only simple enough for me to make it without fail, they can also be versatile in combination with fruits, etc. and they always have a feeling of home.
2. What’s you secret to the success of your blog?
I think there is not yet room for me to speak of “success” as I just got started (^_^)
3. What’s your latest pucharse?
I just bought the JAPANASTIC Magazin – illustrated by danadamki which I found on Etsy. I like her drawings and am an absolute fan of Japan so I just decided to go for it and now can’t wait to get it in the mail :)
4. If you had the chance to go back in time what would you have changed?
II think it’s difficult, if I take it as “change about/for yourself”. I did struggle a lot when I was younger but even if I could go back to one point and stop just one hazing and tell me that it will be better, would it really have made a difference? Probably not. I think rather than that I would want to go back in time and see my grandgrandparents. My grandfather was drafted into war when he was just 16 and never saw his parents again, but he always told me stories about his father that made me wish I would have known him.
5. What’s your goal of having a blog?
Though I would lie to say I don’t want people to read my blog, my main goal was to get back into writing and be able to connect more with the things I like (^_^)
6. What do you know/like about Belgium?
I live not very far from Belgium so I know quite a lot about the country itself and visited several times. I just love Belgian fries and waffles and I think it is also impossible to make a trip to Brussels and not buy any chocolates ;)
7. What was your worst fashion trend?
Um, I think when I was about 9 I had those absolutely (now) horrifying floral pattern corduroy pants with an elastic band belt in very bright colors… I still shudder when I think about that pants… and that it was my favorite *haha*
8. To Which star you could compare yourself ?
I don’t know if I could compare myself, it’s more that I wish I were a bit like her, and that’s Queen Latifah. She’s a big girl (like me) but she ist just so beautiful, has sass and exudes confidence.
9. Whats your worst habbit?
Definitely binge-watching TV-series. I know it’s bad, it interferes with my sleeping but I just have to know how it goes on…
10. If you should paint, which style would that be( realistic, abstract,…)?
If I could paint I would be a Barock painter. I love the colors, the richness and I could spend hours in front of pictures by great artists like Rembrandt, Vermeer or Rubens.
11. If there is one celebrity you really can’t stand, who would that be?
This might be mainstream by now but I really don’t like Justin Bieber. Though it’s not just him, it’s what he represents. Those young, suddenly famous, acting as if they are allowed anything and didn’t have to obey even the simpelest rules of courtesy.
So, here are my nominations (in no particular order as they are all great):
- Sweet Tea and Bombshells
- The London Turtle
- My Closet Catalogue
- The Leather Fanny Pack
- Try Me Pretty
- Moschino and Mascara
And my questions for you:
- What means “happiness” for you?
- What gives you the most inspiration?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite quote (if you have one)?
- What makes you instantly fall in love with a blog?
- What is the hardest thing you have ever done, or the biggest obstacle you have faced in your life?
- What is your favorite piece in your closet?
- What are your 3 must have beauty products?
- Have you ever lived abroad (if not, did you consider)?
- What is your favorite food?
- If you could trade lifes for one day with a celebrity, whose life would you choose?
Hope all of you have a great day!