I was surprised with a nomination for the Beauty Blogger Award from the lovely Rei and I strongly recommend to check out her blog (^_^)
So what is this Beauty Blogger Award all about? First, let’s have a look at the rules for the award
- State the name of the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions asked by the person that nominated you.
- List 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers whose blogs are about fashion or beauty.
- The people who you nominate have to have under 200 followers.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
So the first three tasks are easy-peasy. Of course I already left a link to Rei’s blog and answering some questions can’t be so hard, right (maybe I should read them first though…). Number 4 is in itself not that hard, either, because there are so many beautiful and awesome bloggers out there.
What really gets me is the fact that the nominees can’t have more than 200 followers. I mean, how the hell am I supposed to know? When I read a blog that I really like, I automatically assume that everyone is already reading it as well. It’s not like the follower count is usually displayed on the top of the page. So when I got a Liebster Award and nominated some of my favorite blogs the majority was nice enough to not be pissed when they graciously pointed out that they had passed the 200 follower mark quite some time ago… (*awkward*)
So I hope that the following will not disqualify me from accepting the award:
I decided to answer the questions, state some facts about myself, but NOT actually nominate someone right away. Instead I’d like to take this chance and give you the opportunity to join in.
Do you have under 200 followers and therefore qualify for the Beauty Blogger Award? Then go ahead and drop me a line and I will link you here and nominate you :)
Okay, so let’s start with the questions:
- When did you start to love beauty and skin care?
I had quite bad skin when I was a teenager and I tried even back then to find something that works for me, but I think I only really got into the whole Beauty and Skin Care Regimen when I was in university.
- Which product will you recommend others to try?
The Green Tea Bubble Foam Cleanser von Skinfood. I’m just absolutely in love with this product. It’s not only so soft on your skin that you’re tempted to keep massaging your face until everything is gone, but it also leaves your skin absolutely smooth, and most importantly not dry, afterwards.
- Splurge on beauty or fashion?
Beauty – hands down. I love Fashion and accessoires, but it’s so much harder when you don’t have a fashion magazine figure. Beauty doesn’t require you to have a bikini ready body first ;)
- Where usually your go to store to purchase your make up?
I like to search through online shops while sitting comfortable on the sofa (possibly with a face mask), but generally I like to see, touch and feel make-up and beauty products before I buy them. i like large department stores to window shop, but I usually buy at smaller brand stores or drugstores.
- Summer vs winter?
Winter! Though I don’t like it when its freezing cold, I am just so much more comfortable in the cold than I am in the heat.
- Which cosmetic ingredients you always try to avoid?
Hmm, I don’t think I have a special ingredient I absolutely abhor, though I do try to buy cosmetics with natural ingredients to not burden my skin with too much chemicals.
- What is your favourite skin care brand?
At the moment I’d say Skinfood. So far I liked every product I tried and they seem to be perfect for my skin.
- When was the happiest moment of your life?
That’s actually not as easy as I thought. I think being happy in your life is not one moment, but the combination of many little moments. Like my wedding, holding my nephew for the first time, meeting my friends again after a long time, Saturday Morning Breakfast with my family, standing on the dunes looking over the ocean… and so much more (^_^)
- Which beauty item represents your personality?
This is a tough one… and the answer is probably even stranger… I think I might be Body Lotion. Why? Because for many people applying body lotion is easily forgotten…
No, just kidding ^^ I think body lotion is a very down to earth beauty product that is nonetheless essential. I’m often quiet and am working in the background to support my friends and family and I think the body lotion is quite like that. Not a glamorous trendy new face cream secret that is talked about on every blog, but the staple beauty essential you always come back to.
(Very philosophical… ^^”)
- What are your secret beauty tips?
I think something that is required in every beauty routine is relaxing. Your skin won’t be happy if you sleep 4 hours a night and are stressed the rest of the day, no matter how good your skin care is. So I recommend time for yourself. Maybe accompanied by a large cup of tea?
And now for the random facts about me:
- I cut my hair from long to very short when I was 16 (an grew it out again with 23)
- I love the ocean but not necessarily the beach
- Most nights in my teenage years were spend with a flashlight and a good book under my blanket
- I admire women who can get up a few hours early to look absolutely perfect in the morning
- If I could I would wear exuberant princess ballgowns every day
- I don’t like the taste of coffee but absolutely love the smell
- I haven’t stuck to any beauty routine for more than two months before my current one
- I really want to try a korean spa and possibly spend there about half a year until i’m all skinny and pretty (lol)
- During my work for a fashion retailer I wore the same (boring) outfits every week on rotation and dressed up only on the weekends
- I dislike most shoe retailers (might have something to do with my enormous feet…)
And finally, here are the ten questions I would have you answer, if you should decide to take part in this Award.
- What is the first thing you do in the morning?
- The one Beauty Product that accompanies you on every trip?
- FlipFlops or Gladiators?
- Which Beauty Product do you have a love/hate relationship with?
- What is your biggest goal in life?
- Beauty Big Brand or Generic?
- What is the worst part about being a Beauty Blogger?
- What is the best?
- If you could freely choose, where would you want to live?
- What was the most (socially) awkward moment of your life?